Stop and reflect:
- When was your last interview?
- Are you prepared for your next interview?
- Would feedback, skill building and strategies make you more successful?
Those are three key questions to consider in for a reaching out to me for a mock interview. A mock interview is a safe place to practice interview skills and gain feedback. It is also an area to gain the confidence and experience prior to your real life employment interview. Its design is to assist high school graduates seeking employment, college students seeking internships, college graduates looking for their first job out of school, and for those transitioning into their next position or seeking a promotion. The mock interview provides you with a safe guard towards achieving your goal.
The interview resembles a real interview as close as possible and provides an enriching experience for the candidate. It helps you, the candidate, to discover the expectations in a interview setting, improve your results, skills and performance. To get the maximum results from this experience I work with clients to prepare for three very common interview settings, a phone interview, a video conference (Skype) interview and a in-person interview. The expectations for the client is that they role play and simulate the complete 24 hour process from beginning to end. They are expected to prepare and approach the interview with appropriate attire, etiquette, planning, research and closing thank you responses. The interviews will be recorded and reviewed to ensure full and complete knowledge and feedback could be gained from the experience. The more realistic a client approaches the mock-interview the more confident and successful the client will be as they move towards their big day!
Prior to your a mock interview, please consider three more questions:
- What would you like to gain out of your mock interview experience?
- What does a “successful interview” look like to you?
- If you were a fly on the wall in the office, looking down on yourself during your interview, what would you discover? What would you hear? What would you see?